We all know Mom likes jewelry, flowers, chocolates, and cute cards. But you know what she likes most? Time spent with you. So this Mother’s Day, take some time to treat her to a tasty, homemade cocktail – a Mother’s Day gift she won’t soon forget.
Curious how to craft this mother-worthy cocktail? We’ve got your back! Now, we ain’t mixologists nor bartenders, but we do know how to make some damn good bourbon. And we decided to partner with our good friend, Jess Pryles (Hardcore Carnivore), who created “The Hill Country Howdy”, a cocktail that’s almost as fun to make as it is to drink!
Here are the ingredients and instructions on how to make it. Our suggestion: tell Mom to put her feet up because you’ve got this round!
- Garrison Brothers Bourbon (preferably Single Barrel)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 fresh peaches, sliced
- 2 tbsp pink peppercorns
- Place peppercorns inside a towel and use a plate or rolling pin etc to crush them up and release the oils.
- Place sugar, water, peaches and peppercorns in a small pan, place on stove on a medium heat and bring to boil. Allow it to boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat, and use the back of a wooden spoon to crush the softened peaches against the side of the pan. Don’t completely break them down, or you’ll end up with a cloudy syrup.
- Once the mixture is cool, strain through a cheesecloth (or use a kitchen cloth as per the pic – much cheaper and easier!) and a sieve. You may want to strain the mix twice to get to a crystal clear appearance.
- Put a huge ice cube in your favorite whiskey glass, add in the bourbon and the syrup to taste, and enjoy!
Just like the rest of us, Garrison Brothers would be nothin’ without the mothers who started this family. It’s ‘Hye’ time we celebrate these women in a truly special way and thank them for all they do. You can pick up a bottle of Garrison Brothers bourbon whiskey at a location near you: