With Easter behind us, and Mother’s and Father’s Day right around the corner, it seemed a good time to arrange a few “sit and sips” for those of ya’ll who might want to give out bottles of Garrison Brothers to your favorite bourbon drinker.
Here’s where I’m headed in the next few weeks. I hope you’ll stop by and say hello.
- Saturday, April 14 from 2 to 4 – The Houston Wine Merchant: Looking forward to a little time with Everett and his knowledgeable gang at this outstanding liquor store at 2646 South Shepherd.
- Friday, April 20 from 6 to 8 – Bourbon Tasting at Rye 51 in Houston (reservations required): If you have not visited Rye 51, come to this event. David and his gang have amazing clothes. If I had a real job, and gave a crap how I look, this is where I’d shop. We’ll be talking bourbon and comparing wheats and ryes. To RSVP, please email David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, April 20 from 8:30 to 9:30 – Downing Street Pub in Houston: Please join me and CJ at Houston’s most prestigious whiskey pub and cigar lounge. We’ll be pouring Garrison Brothers and discussing why bourbon is far superior to scotch. That ought to piss somebody off.
- Sunday, April 22 from 7 to 9 – Married With Dishes Viewing Party at The Auslander in Fredericksburg: Anthony Bourdain’s production company, Zero Point Zero Productions, is launching a new television series called Married With Dishes, which was filmed all over Fredericksburg. The outrageous, climactic dinner was shot in the Barrel Barn at Garrison Brothers Distillery. It will air on the Cooking Channel. This should be one hilarious evening. Hope you’ll join us.
- Tuesday, April 24 from 7:30 to 9:30 – Hyatt Lost Pines in Bastrop (invitation-only event): Private bourbon dinner with Chef Neil Joiner.
- Thursday, April 26 from 5 to 6 – Strip House in Downtown Houston: Please join us for a Bourbon Happy Hour organized by our friends at Strip House. I understand Chef Mario Vidal may be providing appetizers that pair nicely with fine straight bourbon.
- Wednesday, May 2 from 4 to 6 – J Black’s in Austin: That afternoon I’ll have the pleasure of telling the staff at J Black’s about how best to serve and enjoy Garrison Brothers Texas Straight Bourbon Whiskey. Afterward I’m buying drinks (well, a few anyway). Hope you’ll stop by.
Finally, I just want to say thanks to all of you who, like I am, are enjoying a bottle of Garrison Brothers right now. It appears you guys are buying about a hundred cases a week, which is crazy, but it makes us damn proud.